메뉴 건너뛰기

콜럼비아 제일장로교회

미국 정착 도우미

생활상식 One of the KOMU head line of today.

김낙영 2008.07.17 23:27 조회 수 : 5194

작년에 성도분중에서 간밤에 '밤손님' 들어와서 노트북 컴퓨터 도난 당한 일이 있
었잖아요? 경찰에 연락해서 다시 찾긴했지만. 요즘들어 콜롬비아에도 도난 사고가 작년에 비해 2배나 늘었다니 문 단 속 잘하시구요.

특히 낮이나 밤에 커텐을 닫으셔서 밖에서 안이 관찰되지 않도록 하시는게 도움이 된다네요. 경찰에 따르면 최근에서 대단위 주건지역중에서 낮에 출입을 자주하는 집이 목표물이 된다니 참고 하시구요. 이하 원문.

콜롬비아 살기 진짜 좋은 곳은데. 그냥 그대로 살기 좋은 곳으로 남았으면 하는 바램이네요..

Apartments a Burglary Target
COLUMBIA - Locking your doors does not always mean your home is invincible.

Burglaries in Columbia have nearly doubled from the numbers at this time last year. 82% of the burglaries occured in apartments, duplexes or condos, and nearly a third of the burglaries happened in unlocked homes. Police say the burglarized homes are usually those where people come and go frequently.

Burglary victim Boyd Powers left his locked apartment for just two hours and was surprised by what he found when he returned.

"I came to the backdoor, saw that it had been jimmied open with a crowbar from the outside and someone had broken in," Powers said. "So I came back, our TV was gone, our Playstation was gone and my laptop."

Powers is suspicious the burglar may have had help.

"So it really had to happen between two hours and 15 minutes, so someone probably had to be watching the apartment knowing that we both were gone," Powers explained.

Similar crimes continue across the city.

"They may be an easier target, it is not unusual to see people coming and going at apartment communities and rental units, having friends over," according to Captain Zim Schwartze, Community Operations Division Commander. "There's a lot more units, obviously, comprised in a very small area"

Columbia Police say a high percentage of the burglaries are on the rise in areas with a lot of community living, making Old Route 63 and Grindstone Parkway one of the areas to see an increase this year. The police department says to call immediately if you see anything suspicious in your neighborhood, a reminder that prevention is a lot easier than solving a burglary.

Posted by: Stephanie Stouffer
Reported by: Justin Dufour

Published: Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 5:42 PM